Cool roof options can increase energy efficiency
The importance of great roofing for solar system installation
An excellent roof protects you from natural elements and ensures that your home remains insulated, maintaining a comfortable temperature. Not all roofs are created with equal quality and energy efficiency. Some roofs and different factors do a better job of keeping your home energy efficient. A solid roof is an excellent asset because roofs are one of the most prominent fixtures of a home. Homeowners and property owners must stay proactive in maintaining their roof’s condition, especially when considering installing a solar system. If the roof is not in an acceptable condition for solar installation, then it would be an ideal choice to replace it. A roof should be able to support the weight of a solar system. In cases of a poor roof structure, leaks, and holes, a roofing replacement is necessary to ensure a roof’s stability and integrity before installing a solar system. We would like all our clients to be informed that energy efficiency is in things running smoothly while using clean energy. It’s important to note that the harder your AC works to cool down your house, the more energy you will waste. This means that ventilation is also essential to an energy-efficient roof.
Why upgrade your doors & windows?
What are the benefits of different roof options?
Aside from offering complete roofing services for leaks, fixes, etc. We offer a wide variety of roof options that offer many different benefits. Please consider the following options:
- Roof color.
Dark colors absorb heat, while light colors reflect heat. Your roof color is the same; with the right color, your roof is one of the most critical factors in maintaining energy efficiency. The right color roof will save you money on your energy bills while also saving you money on future maintenance. This will add five more years of life to your shingles. In the Sunny California regions, we recommend white or light brown colors. These will better reflect the sun’s energy, keeping your house cooler during the hottest months. In the Cold California regions, we recommend dark color roofs that absorb as much sunlight as possible. This will keep your home warm during winter.
- Green roofs
Covered with vegetation that help insulate the building and reduce the heat absorbed by the roof.
- Cool roofs
One great way to reduce heat transfer is with cool roofing material. These roofs reflect more sunlight and absorb less heat than any standard roof. They significantly reduce your need to use AC. Cool roofs can reduce energy use by 50% or more.
- Metal roofs
These can reflect a significant amount of sunlight and can be coated with reflective materials to increase energy efficiency.
- TPO (Thermoplastic Olefin) and PVC (polyvinyl chloride) roofs
Energy-efficient, reflective, and can withstand severe weather conditions.
- Asphalt Shingles with reflective granules
Reflect more sunlight and absorb less heat.
- Solar roofs
Equipped with solar panels to generate electricity for the building while serving as the roof.
These options are not only good for energy-saving, durability, and an increased lifespan. Best to know that the right choice for you will depend on the specific needs of your property and the climate in your area. Because for example:
- Asphalt shingles are low maintenance and energy efficient, but they can be easily damaged in high wind and stormy regions.
- Metal roofing is friendly to your wallet, lightweight, and durable. It also is very reflective, making it energy efficient in sunny environments. However, it can be easily damaged in the wrong climate conditions.
How to get started?
Whether you are considering a new roof for a solar system, just a new roof, or simply having roof problems. The best option for you will depend on your specific needs, roof condition, and location. Planet Connection Inc. is here to connect with you and identify accurate, customized information for your property’s roof.
- Once we have made contact and we have understood your needs. We will determine the plan we will execute from start to finish, covering all bases, so you do not have to worry about anything. Working with multiple companies to cover different parts of your project can get tiring, overwhelming, and expensive. Clients often complain about the lack of communication and service when dealing with multiple companies for their property needs. The hassles of arranging and making sure things are done right are something we would like to take off your shoulders. We aim to provide outstanding service to ensure a smooth and happy process. We will provide you with as much knowledge as possible to have security in Planet Connection Inc. doing your roof.