Commercial solar installation for businesses
What is commercial solar energy?
Solar energy is a form of renewable energy generated by capturing the sun’s energy and converting it into usable electricity. The most common way to do this is through solar panels, also known as photovoltaic (PV) panels. These panels are made of several solar cells, made of a semiconductor material (typically silicon) that absorbs the sun’s energy and converts it into electrical energy. Just as solar panels can be added to the roofs of residential homes, commercial solar panels can be added to properties in the corporate, non-profit and government sectors to generate power. Like residential solar options, commercial solar panels harness the power of sunlight, turning this renewable source of energy into electricity that powers office buildings, factories, warehouses and more. Residential solar installations are almost always on the roofs of homes because that is the best area where the panels can catch the sunlight. This is a good option for commercial properties too, especially since office buildings, warehouses, factories and other similar spaces often have vast, flat roofs that are ideal. However, the roof is not the only place that commercial solar panels can be installed. Carports, ground mounts and even panels that have the ability to tilt/elevate during certain hours to catch the optimal amounts of sunlight are options too. Solar energy is considered a clean and sustainable energy source because it does not produce greenhouse gases or other pollutants. It is also a renewable energy source because the sun will continue to shine for billions of years. We aim to make this transition to renewable energy smooth and easy for you.
What are the benefits of commercial solar?
Though many commercial enterprises still rely on electricity, switching to solar power can not only save money for businesses, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations, it can also significantly reduce their carbon footprint. There are several benefits of using commercial solar energy for businesses, these include:
- Cost savings: Solar energy can significantly reduce a business’s electricity costs, as it eliminates the need to purchase power from utility companies.
- Financial incentives: Many governments offer financial incentives, such as tax credits and rebates, to businesses that install solar panels. The solar investment tax credit (ITC) is a federal initiative that incentivizes business owners for installing solar panels on their commercial properties. The tax credit is at 30% and if you’re thinking of commercial solar installation for your own business properties, it pays to get those projects started as soon as possible. Check out our blog on the most updated California incentives and credits you can benefit from.
- Brand enhancement: By adopting solar energy, a business can enhance its image as an environmentally conscious and socially responsible company.
- Increased property value: Solar panels can increase the property value of a commercial building.
- Environmental benefits: Solar energy is a clean and renewable energy source, which can help a business reduce its carbon footprint and promote sustainability.
- Energy independence: By producing their own power, businesses can become less dependent on utility companies and have more control over their energy especially during power outages.
- Reduced peak demand charges: The energy generated by solar panels can offset the energy consumed by the commercial building during peak demand times, which can result in lower peak demand charges.
How to get started?
Before installing solar, it is critical to identify accurate, customized information for your property and needs. Let’s connect you to the planet with Planet Connection Inc.
- Once we have made contact and concluded that your property is eligible for a solar system, we will determine the plan we will execute from start to finish, covering all bases so you do not have to worry about anything. We understand that working with multiple companies to cover different parts of your project can get tiring, overwhelming, and expensive. Clients often complain about the lack of communication and service when dealing with multiple companies for their property needs. The hassles of arranging and making sure things are done right are something we would like to take off your shoulders. We aim to provide outstanding service to ensure a smooth and happy process. We will provide you with as much knowledge as you require to have security in Planet Connection Inc. doing your project.
- Once we have installed your system, your electricity will be powered by clean, sustainable, and renewable energy that can power your home. This will eliminate your electricity bills and benefit your environment instantly!